Application for Membership and Electric Service
Did you buy property in our service area?
Let’s get started!!! All you need to do to activate your electric service is to complete a Lakeview Light & Power Cooperative Membership Application.
Applying for membership is easy using one of the following methods. Pick one which works best for you!
- Online: Complete the online application below.
- Walk-in: Located at 11509 Bridgeport Way S.W., Lakewood.
- Print Out: Mailed or faxed application forms MUST be Notarized for us to process.
The undersigned (hereinafter called the “applicant”) hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from LAKEVIEW LIGHT AND POWER (LLP), upon the following terms and conditions:
- The applicant will pay the sum of $ 100.00 as a non-refundable membership fee. Fee may be billed on the first months bill.
- The applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from LLP all electric energy used on the premises described below and will pay monthly for such energy at LLP’s established rates.
- The applicant understands and acknowledges that nothing in this Application for Membership (or in any other oral or written communication) shall be construed as a guarantee of uninterrupted service. Neither Lakeview nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors or assigns shall be liable for any loss, injury, or damage resulting from the interruption, restoration, or reduction of electric service from any cause, including but not limited to failure of generation and/or distribution systems, inadequacy of energy supply, implementation of emergency plans, temporary disconnections for repairs and maintenance or failure to pay for services rendered.
- The applicant represents that he/she is the owner of record of the real property for which electric service is requested.
- The applicant acknowledges and understands that no Member may create a loss for the Mutual. Accordingly, the applicant agrees to promptly repay any loss no later than the sale or transfer of the owner’s interest in the real property for which electric service is requested.
- Upon acceptance by LLP, this Application shall constitute the agreement between the applicant and LLP until cancelled by either party. This agreement is binding on the parties, their heirs, successors and assigns.
- The applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of LLP’s Articles of Incorporation and its Bylaws, as well as its written policies and rate schedules, as they all may be amended from time to time. Copies of Policies #301 and #304 are available by clicking corresponding hyperlinks, and all policies are available to the applicant upon request.
- Current balances are due upon receipt and become delinquent 28 days from the bill date. A late charge of $20.00 or 10% whichever is greater, will be added to the delinquent accounts, and services may be discontinued without further notice.
An application for service may be rejected by LLP when the consumer or potential consumer fails to provide information requested by LLP. An application for service will be rejected for failing to provide a full name, acceptable address, and acceptable identification.
An acceptable address for an individual is either:
- A residential or business street address
- An Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office box number
- The residential or business street address of an individual’s relative or contact individual. An acceptable address for any other consumer or potential consumer (such as a corporation or partnership) is the principal place of business, local office, or other physical location.
Acceptable identification shall, at the discretion of LLP, include one or more of the following: social security number, taxpayer identification number, passport number and country of issuance, alien identification card number, valid driver’s license, or number and country of issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard.