How to Read Your Bill
Bill with Current Charges
- Monthly message.
- This box contains important contact information to assist you with getting in contact with Lakeview Light & Power, how to report an outage and our normal office hours.
- This area of your bill includes your account number. To ensure your payment posts to your account promptly we require that your account number be referenced with all payments and correspondence.
- This is the identification number of the power meter associated with your service location.
- These are the dates of service covered in the current statement.
- The previous and current reading of Kwh
- The size of the multiplier at the service location. Some types of meters require a factor to determine actual usage.
- The total Kwh of energy used during this billing cycle. (This number is generated by taking the total of Kwh on your present meter read and subtracting the total from your previous meter read).
- This is a simplified graph of energy consumption over the previous 13 months at your service location.
- A detail of current monthly service charges including any previous unpaid balances that have been forwarded to this billing cycle, additional charges or billing adjustments & payments, basic service charge and your energy usage charges plus the city and state taxes. Energy usage charges are calculated by the total of Kwh used during the billing cycle as referenced in #8 multiplied by the energy rate.
- The due date that payment must be received by Lakeview Light & Power to avoid a late fee when only current charges are due.
- The date your billing statement was generated.
- Total current charges when only current charges are due.
- This is a box which allows you to write-in the amount you would like to donate to Project Help.
- This is a box which allows you to write-in the amount you are remitting for this billing cycle.
- The address where payment should be remitted.
Bill with Prior Balance
- Termination Notice. Prior Balance = Previous Balance = Balance Due Immediately. Please call the office to make a payment to avoid disconnection.
- Since there wasn’t a payment made at the time of billing there is NO payment shown. This area shows the previous balance plus all current charges for a total amount due on account.
- Balance due immediately is the amount which is past due and needs to be paid ASAP to avoid disruption of service. IF the prior balance is paid before a disconnection of service happens the current charges will be due on the due date. Please read the Disconnection of Service for Non-Payment section below as well as on the back of your bill.