Job Description: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: Provide leadership and coordination of Company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions. Responsible for IT function and risk management activities. Ensure Company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Provide same functions for subsidiaries and investments of the Company.
- Direct and coordinate Company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Supervise Customer Service function and personnel.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget. Establish and maintain internal controls, including monitoring ongoing activities.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of the Finance, Customer Service and IT departments.
- Manage the preparation of the Company annual and monthly reports of financial position, results of operations, and cash flows.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with all budgetary reporting requirements and financial reporting to third parties.
- Work with department managers, the General Manager, and the Board of Directors to develop five year and ten year business plans for the Company.
- Establish and implement short and long range department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to Company financial issues.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties assigned.
- Facilitation of periodic penetration testing and cyber security analysis.
- May be called upon to represent the Company externally to media, government agencies, financial institutions, and the general public.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate accounting department staff.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and Accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets and profitability analysis.
- Knowledge of best practices for Information Technology.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with 5 years in senior-level Finance or
Accounting position. CPA or CMA certification a plus.
- Flexible and open attitude with analytical thinking ability.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, and other financial software.
- Prior experience in electrical utility and/or power plant operations preferred, but not essential.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Must be bondable
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional Weekend and/or evening work and travel.
- Competitive annual salary; dependent upon experience and skill set.
- Generous benefit package.
This job is also posted on www.nwppa.org
Please email your details to LLP@lakeviewlight.com