Required Attachments: Transcript, Essay, and Chronology of High School/Community Involvement Activities:
- Please include with this application a certified copy of your high school transcript to include the 1st semester of your senior year, and your choice of a one page single spaced typed essay, 5 minute video or power point presentation detailing what area of study you plan to pursue and why, and how this will help you better your community.
- A one page typed summary detailing their extra-curricular activities on behalf of their school and or community.
I understand that my application must be received by Lakeview Light & Power no later than 5:30 PM on February 14, 2019 with all requirements, or my application will not be considered.
I understand that if I am awarded a Lakeview Light & Power Scholarship, I agree to personally accept the Award at the Annual Meeting of Lakeview Light & Power on March 19, 2019. I also hereby authorize Lakeview Light & Power to publish photographs taken of me, and my name, for use in the printed publications and website.
I understand that if I am awarded the Lakeview Light & Power Scholarship and am unable to continue with my education or training, I must notify Lakeview Light & Power immediately, so they can consider an alternate candidate for the scholarship.
PROVISIONS FOR LAKEVIEW LIGHT AND POWER SCHOLARSHIP
All children of Lakeview Light & Power members or customers, excluding persons related to the Board of Directors and/or employees of Lakeview Light & Power.
STUDENT QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled, or planning to enroll in an accredited college, university, or other training institute.
- Recipients must agree to personally accept the Lakeview Light and Power scholarship at the annual meeting of Lakeview Light & Power.
- Applicant must complete the scholarship application form and provide the required supporting documents.
- Applicant must insure that their scholarship application is received in the offices of Lakeview Light and Power prior to the deadline of February 14, 2019, at 5:30PM.
The Board of Directors will verify and/or weigh the following criteria in their selection process:
- Verification of the applicant’s eligibility.
- The quality of the applicant’s essay.
- The applicant’s coursework and grade point average as detailed on their high school transcript.
- The applicant’s extra-curricular school and community involvement as detailed on their activity chronology sheet.
- Scholarships will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the recipient’s college, university or training institute upon Lakeview Light & Power’s receipt of documentation that the scholarship recipient has been accepted as a full-time student.
- Scholarship funds are to be used to pay tuition. If money remains after tuition is paid, the scholarship recipient may purchase books and/or other course related material and submit documented receipts to the funds administrator to obtain reimbursement of such expense.
- Lakeview Light & Power will retain unused scholarship funds. Scholarship funds that have been sent to a college, university or training institute that are not used by a qualifying recipient shall be refunded to Lakeview Light & Power, not to the student.
- Scholarships cannot be renewed. A scholarship recipient can receive only one Lakeview Light & Power scholarship.
- Scholarships are not assignable.